Do you live in a big house or apartment where you receive the WiFi signals only in a few areas? If your answer is in yes, then this post can save you from plethora of issues you might be facing with your internet connectivity.
Have you ever noticed that not all but a few areas in your home don’t allow you to access internet? If your answer is in a big yes, then you have to aware of the fact that these no connectivity areas are known as WiFi dead zones. The one and only solution to get blazing-fast WiFi in every nook and cranny of your house is setting up Netgear extender via mywifiext setup web page.
Things to beer in mind prior to setting up Netgear Extender
Before getting started with Netgear extender setup, you must consider a couple of things highlighted below:
It is important to choose a perfect location for your extender before executing the setup process. Search for a place in your home that is free from signal or WiFi-interference coming out from Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, electronic gadgets, or neighboring devices.
The next point you need to consider before Netgear extender setup process is to choose a power socket that is free from any kind of damage or fluctuation. Also, the wall pug you choose for your Netgear extender must be nearby the area where you have placed your main router.
The Internet Connection
Make sure to have an uninterrupted and high-speed internet connection during the entire Netgear extender setup process. Connect your Netgear extender to the router’s WiFi network.
The Latest Web Browser Version
If you want to log in to your Netgear extender web-based setup page without any hassle, use the latest and up-to-date version of the internet browser. Wipe out cache, cookies, browsing history, etc. as well from the internet browser.
The Web Address
In order to access the new extender setup page, keep in mind to use the correct web address for logging in. You should use the correct web address, i.e. mywifiext.net for Android or Window devices and mywifiext local for Apple or MacBook.
Once you’re done will all the aforementioned things, head towards the steps given below for setting up Netgear extender in a hassle-free manner.
Here’s how to set up Netgear WiFi range extender
- Plug the Netgear WiFi extender into an electrical wall outlet.
- Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- Connect your Netgear device to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Launch a web browser of your choice on a PC or laptop that is connected to Netgear_ext (SSID).
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field of the web browser.
- Press Enter and the New Extender Setup page will be displayed.
- Click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Complete the fields on the displayed page and click on NEXT.
- Select your WiFi network to extend and click on NEXT.
- Type the router’s WiFi network password in the Password (Network Key) field and click on NEXT.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extended WiFi network and click on Continue.
- A pop up will be displayed confirming that your Netgear extender is connected and ready.
- Click on NEXT and after that on Finish to complete the setup process.
Unplug your Netgear range extender and move it to a new location that should be halfway between your WiFi router and the area without internet.
That’s all about our post. If you get stuck at any setup step, get in touch with our experts via comments and get effective solutions to all extender-related problems instantly.