Wondering what is the point of logging in to your Netgear WiFi router? Well, performing a Netgear router login helps you in keeping your network safe from people who have nothing more productive to do than muddling through your WiFi router.
Thus, in order to keep your Netgear WiFi router safe from such people, you need to know how to log in to it. Trust me, the router login process isn’t that difficult. It will only take a few minutes and you’ll be done in no time. Scroll down and continue reading.
How to Log In to Your Netgear Router Manually?
Most users prefer using the Manual method when it comes to logging in to their Netgear Nighthawk router. You should too. To know how to log in to your WiFi router manually, walk through the steps mentioned below:
- First and foremost, launch a web browser on your personal computer or laptop.
- Install a web browser on your system, be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and much more.
- Then, type www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com into your web browser’s address bar.
Note: You can also enter the IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 of your router to log in.
- As soon as you hit Enter, you will be asked to fill in the default login details of the router.
- Enter the default login credentials of your Netgear WiFi router in the required fields and click on the Log In button.
- Once the Basic Home Screen appears, know that you have logged in to your Netgear router.
Congratulations! That’s how you login to Nighthawk router. See? It wasn’t that difficult, right? But, in case you do find it a little tricky, then you can try a simpler method in comparison – the Nighthawk app.
How to Log In to Your Netgear Router Through the Nighthawk App?
Another way to perform a Netgear router login is by using the Nighthawk application. To know how to log in to your WiFi router through the Nighthawk app, follow the instructions outlined below:
Note: To log in to your router, you cannot install the Netgear Nighthawk app for PC Window 10. It can only be installed on either Android or iOS devices.
- Take your phone and open Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS).
- Type ‘Netgear Nighthawk App’ in the search bar of the store and hit Enter to proceed.
- Now, tap on the Download button and let the Netgear Nighthawk app get completely installed.
- Once the app gets installed, open it, and fill in the required default login credentials of your Netgear WiFi router.
Note: Unable to remember the default login username and password? No problem. You can refer to the Netgear manual anytime that you like.
- The second you’ve tapped on the Log In option, the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard will appear on the screen of your mobile device.
And that’s it! You have learned how to log in to your Netgear WiFi router even with the help of the Netgear Nighthawk app. Now, you can tweak the settings of your router as per your needs and say keep it secure from all the hackers sitting out there in open.