Linksys extender connected but no internet is one of the most common issues reported by users. If you are experiencing the same issue, then fret not! This issue can easily be fixed with a few quick troubleshooting steps. Walk through this article and learn how to get rid of this connectivity issue in a flash!
How to Fix Linksys Extender Connected But No Internet Issue?
Check out the following troubleshooting steps to resolve the Linksys extender connected but no internet issue:
- Restart Your WiFi Devices
One of the major reasons why your Linksys extender is connected but there’s no internet is because of technical glitches. To fix the issue, it is recommended you restart your Linksys WiFi extender, router, and modem. In order to restart or reboot your WiFi devices, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Turn off your WiFi extender, router, and modem.
- Wait for a while and let your devices rest.
- Once you feel like you’ve given enough time to your devices to rest, turn them back on.
Restarting your devices didn’t resolve the internet issue for you? No problem! Give the next troubleshooting step a chance to help you out!
- Relocate Your WiFi Extender
Chances are that you have placed your Linksys extender far from the range of your router, resulting in the internet connectivity issue. To oust the issue, it is recommended that you reduce the distance between your extender and the WiFi router. Also, while relocating your extender, make sure that it is placed away from transmitting appliances, meta objects, and electronic devices to avoid WiFi interference.
Now, try to access a random website, let’s say http://extender.linksys.com to check whether the internet connectivity issue has been resolved or not. Still no luck?
- Update the Firmware
Updating the firmware of your extender can also help you fix the ‘Linksys extender connected but no internet’ issue. To update the firmware of your WiFi device, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Firstly, make sure that your Linksys extender is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Next, open a web browser on your PC and access the Linksys WiFi setup page.
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade option under Administration.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish updating your Linksys device.
To prevent any issues with the WiFi extender, do not interrupt the firmware update process.
- Cross-Check the WiFi Settings
If you are still facing the ‘Linksys extender connected but no internet’ issue, then head towards the GUI of your extender and check the WiFi settings. Sometimes, users mistakenly connect their extender to the wrong WiFi router network. Chances are that you’ve committed the same mistake. Therefore, make sure that your extender is connected to the right router network.
- Perform Factory Default Reset
Did nothing work for you so far? Restoring your Linksys WiFi extender to the factory default settings is the only option left for you then.
Performing Linksys extender reset isn’t rocket science. All you need to do is, carefully follow a few steps given below:
- Find the Reset button located on your WiFi range extender.
- Once found, press and hold the Reset button for some time.
- Then, reboot your device to finish the reset process.
Note: You can also reset your Linksys WiFi extender by accessing the web-page setup page.
And, that’s it! This was all about how to troubleshoot the ‘Linksys extender connected but no internet’ issue. If the tips mentioned in this article helped you fix the internet connectivity issue with your extender, then feel free to share your experience with us through the comment section.