Despite the amazing performance that Comfast wireless range extenders offer, many users have been experiencing issues with them. Are you also facing technical issues with your networking device? Did you try every hack in existence but to no avail? Well, in that case, you are left with only one option, i.e. to reset your Comfast extender.
Now, the question arises, how to execute the reset process? Know that it is not rocket science. All you need to do is, walk through the instructions highlighted in this article below. After we have taught you to how to reset your device, we have shed light on how to do Comfast WiFi extender setup.
What is that? Are you wondering what the need to set up your extender is? Well, let us tell you that resetting your networking device will restore it to its default factory settings. This means that it will go back to being new and that calls for a setup. If you have got what we are trying to say, then follow the steps given further to reset your device.
Table of Contents
How to Execute Comfast WiFi Extender Reset Process?
1) Supply Fluctuation-Free Electricity
You can commence the Comfast extender reset process by ensuring a fluctuation-free power supply to your networking device. This can only be done if your extender is plugged properly into the wall socket. Apart from this, make sure that neither the wall socket nor the power cable is damaged.
2) Find the Reset Button Location
The next step in line is to find the Reset button on your Comfast wireless range extender. You can do so by looking at the corners of the networking devices. For your information, the location of the Reset button depends on model to model. Thus, find the location of the Reset button as per the extender model that you own.
3) Press the Extender Reset Button
As soon as you find the Reset button, press it carefully. It is recommended that you avoid hitting it harshly. Doing so might prove to be fatal for you. In simple words, you will not be able to restore your wireless range extender to its default factory mode. And we are guessing that you are just not in the mood for that, right?
4) Let the WiFi Extender Reboot
The second after you are done releasing the Reset button on your Comfast range extender, it is advised that you let the device reboot. Do not make the mistake of interrupting the process by unplugging the device from its wall socket. Otherwise, even resetting will not help you to fix the issues that you are facing with your device.
How to Install Comfast Wireless Range Extender?
Considering you are done resetting your networking device, you need to now set it up from scratch. That can be done if you walk through these guidelines:
- First of all, plug your Comfast wireless range extender into a non-damaged wall socket and press the power button located on it.
- As soon as the power LED located on it becomes solid, create a connection between the networking devices, i.e. the extender and the host router.
- Open any random web browser on your system and access the address bar. There, enter the web or IP address of your networking device.
- Pressing the Enter key will redirect you to the official Comfact extender login page where you need to enter the password.
- In case, you are not sure of the default admin credential of your networking device, then you ought to refer to the one given in the user manual.
By the way, if you have a Comfast router at home and if there ever comes a time when you have to set it up, then you can refer to its manual for the Comfast router login credential.
- Click on the Login button. Soon, you will find yourself on the Comfast extender setup wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
This was all about how to reset the Comfast wireless range extender to its default factory mode. We hope that after following the instructions mentioned above, you will also be able to set up your networking device with ease. If you do, then make use of the comment section and share a couple of words of appreciation with your fellow readers.