Are you using a Netgear router? Is so, then it is better to make it secure. Changing the Netgear router’s WiFi password is one of the easiest security measures that you should take to secure your Netgear router’s WiFi network. This particular post teaches you different methods to change the password or network key of your Netgear router WiFi network with ease. Let’s get the ball rolling!
How to Change Netgear Router WiFi Password?
There are 2 easy ways through which you can easily change the Netgear router’s WiFi password.
- Using the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
- Using the Netgear Nighthawk app
We will discuss both the methods one by one.
Using the Netgear Genie Smart Setup Wizard
Walk through the step-by-step instructions outlined below to change the Netgear router’s WiFi password using the smart setup wizard. Keep reading!
- Power on your Netgear router by plugging it into a working wall outlet.
- Open your favored internet browser on a PC or laptop.
- Head over to the browser’s address bar and type routerlogin.net. We suggest you use an up-to-date version of the internet browser to prevent any login issues.
- Press the Enter key.
- Netgear router login window appears.
- Enter the router’s username and password into the given fields.
- Click on Log In once you’re done.
- Netgear Genie smart setup wizard window will appear.
- Navigate to Administration and click on Set Password.
- Enter the old password.
- Once done, enter the new password and re-enter it to confirm.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
That’s it! In this way, you can easily change the password of your Netgear WiFi router and make it secure.
On the off chance that you don’t want to get into the hassle of accessing the smart setup wizard, use the Netgear Nighthawk app to change your router’s password with ease.
Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
- Connect any of your smart devices to your available and active WiFi network.
- Download the Netgear Nighthawk app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Once the app is installed successfully, open it.
- Enter the admin details of your Netgear WiFi router and click on Log In once you’re done.
- Locate and search for the WiFi option. Once found, click on it.
- Enter your router’s new WiFi password.
- Re-enter it to confirm.
- At last, click on Save and apply the changes.
That’s all! Apply the steps outlined above and change your router’s password using the Netgear Nighthawk app with ease.
Enable the password recovery feature on your Netgear router so that if you lost or forgot the password, you can retrieve it easily.
Don’t know how to enable the Password Recovery feature on your Netgear router? Don’t worry; we will guide you with the same.
Steps to Enable the Password Recovery Feature on Your Netgear Router
- Turn on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Then, have access to Netgear Nighthawk router login page using www.routerlogin.net. You can also use the default Netgear router IP address for logging in.
- Press Enter.
- Once you are in, locate the Advanced option.
- The Password Recovery screen will display.
- Click on Enabled Password Recovery option.
- Select any 2 security questions and answer them.
- Hit on Apply and save the changes.
Fab! The Password Recovery feature has successfully enabled on your Netgear router.
The Final Words
Our post on how to change the Netgear router’s password ends here. In the event that you get stuck at any step or have queries in your mind, feel free to contact our skilled technicians at any time via comments.