Arlo security camera is an outstanding device when it comes to smart home security. Arlo camera setup is popular around the world as cameras have flawless and amazing features. They are completely wireless and weatherproof and provide 4K UHD footage without lagging. With the assistance of Arlo cameras, users get the knowhow of their properties in no time. And today we are going to tell you about the process of connecting the apple home kit with the Arlo camera so that you can automate your home.
We recommend you read out the post from up to down without missing any points. Otherwise, you are not able to connect the Arlo camera to the Apple home kit. Read on!
Well, before we jump into the process we would like to tell you about the Apple home kit first so that you can understand it properly and will able to get the most out of it.
What is Apple Home Kit?
Once you connect the Apple home kit with the Arlo camera you will able to use the voice command and manage the many Arlo cameras from one location. Moreover, by doing this you will enhance the security of their house because after connecting with the Arlo camera you will get the time to time update of their properties. You get a tremendous number of benefits. Below we mentioned a few of them.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
Once you connect the apple home kit and Arlo camera with each you, will get the following benefits:
- View live footage of your properties.
- Get the notification and motion audio in the Apple home app.
- You can listen to the person who is talking near the camera.
- High-quality footage.
- Makes your home fully automated and protected.
- Voice controls your Arlo camera by using Apple Siri.
These are the benefits that you are going to get after connecting the Apple home kit to the Arlo camera. Now, let’s move to the process to connect the device.
Steps to Connect Apple Home Kit & Arlo Camera
Before you connect the Arlo camera to the Apple home kit, you need to ensure that both devices access the same WiFi network. Moreover, you need many things during the process. Below we mentioned all of them:
- Sufficient battery backup.
- Good internet connection.
- Updated internet browser.
- Default web address.
- Admin details of the Arlo camera.
These are the things that you need to get prepared just before the process. Now, move to the steps to connect the device.
Connect Apple Home Kit & Arlo Camera
- Turn on the device by inserting the batteries into the camera.
- Connect the Arlo camera with a good WiFi connection.
- Switch on the computer or laptop.
- Now, you need to launch the internet browser.
Note: You need to use the updated internet browser because the outdated browser does not support the device’s default URL. Apart from it, also keep the browser trash free. Clear all the cache and cookies from it to get the best outcomes.
- Access the default URL of the device.
If you are unable to remember the URL of the device, you don’t need to worry because you can take the help of the user manual which came with your device. In the user manual, all the default details are mentioned.
- Insert the default URL of the device into the search bar of the browser.
- Now, the login panel of the Arlo camera is open.
- Fill in the default admin details of the device (Password & Username).
- Click on the Log In button.
- Arlo camera dashboard is open in which you need to access the settings of the device.
- Click on the Add New Home Button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the process.
Hence, these are the steps that you need to follow to connect the Arlo camera to the Apple home kit by accessing the Arlo security login page.