Are you troubled by the WiFi dead spots in your home? Get a WiFi range extender installed in your home. Netgear is a renowned name that builds networking devices with top-notch performance. To begin enjoying the seamless internet in all the parts of your home, get the Netgear extender setup done. This particular article is meant to shed some light on how to do a Netgear EX6400 setup done at your home. Walk through the instructions given in this article and get the extender installed and have fun.
Table of Contents
Netgear EX6400 Extender Setup Process
Here are the instructions to get the Netgear EX6400 extender installed in your home using the manual method.
- Connect the Netgear EX6400 extender to the host router using an Ethernet cable. The cable that you are using should be in a good condition. Plus you ought to make a firm connection between the devices.
- Next, connect the Netgear extender and the host router to the power sources. Choose well-working and non-damaged wall outlets to plug the devices.
- The next step in line is to log into the Netgear extender admin panel. For that, you need to turn on your PC first.
- Load a search engine on the PC and enter the login web address in its URL bar.
- Hitting the Enter key will take you to the login page of the Netgear extender.
- On the login page, input the admin credentials and click on the Log In button.
- Once you reach the Netgear Genie setup wizard, you will just need to execute the instructions that appear on the screen.
Netgear EX6400 WiFi range extender setup is done using the manual method by accessing the mywifiext.net login. In case, you are not able to get through the setup process using this method, you can opt for the next method that we are discussing in the next section.
- Download the Nighthawk app on your smartphone if you haven’t done it yet.
- You can download it from the Play Store or App Store.
- After it is downloaded and installed, launch it on the phone.
- Using the default admin credentials, log in to the app.
- After you are logged in and reach the Netgear Genie setup wizard, all you need to do is follow the on-screen instructions to accomplish the setup process.
Now, there is one more method that you can utilize if you fail to execute the setup process by any of the above-given methods. This method is known as the WPS method and is the easiest way to do the setup. The only requirement here is that the router that you have should be WPS enabled. Here are the instructions for the same:
- Make sure both the extender and the router are placed in the same room and are receiving a stable power supply.
- Once they are completely booted up, you can go for the setup process.
- Locate the button labeled WPS on the extender and the router. Press them one after the other. First, press the extender’s WPS button and then the router’s.
- There you go! You are successfully done with setting the Netgear EX6400 wireless range extender using the WPS button.
The Closing Note
This is how you can set up the Netgear EX6400 extender and get rid of the WiFi dead zones in your home. Once you are done with this, you can move the extender to a new location where you are not able to access the internet already.