Although WiFi routers brought in by Netgear are outperforming networking gadgets, it never means that their users won’t face any problems using them. In this post, we will reveal the easiest hack using which the user can get rid of a few router issues like the Netgear router keeps disconnecting. The hack we’re talking about is the power cycle or reboot. Also, rebooting the router helps in delivering its best. So, without any delay, let’s learn different methods to reboot Netgear WiFi router.
FYI, a Netgear router can be power cycled or rebooted using three different methods that are mentioned as follows. To know the detailed steps of rebooting your router via them, kindly refer to the upcoming sections.
- Nighthawk app
- Web graphic interface method
- Power On/Off button
How to Reboot Netgear WiFi Router – Nighthawk App
Managing a router via the Nighthawk app is the easiest thing that a user can do. With that said, the Nighthawk app allows him/her to power cycle the router. To know how; check out the steps given below:
- Unlock your mobile phone and launch the Nighthawk app.
- If you asked for login details, enter the valid ones and tap Sign In.
- After that, select Connect Remotely.
- You will soon be taken to the Nighthawk mobile app’s dashboard.
- Now, you need to tap the Home icon.
- FYI, the aforesaid icon is located at the top left of your screen.
- Tap Reboot.
- You might be prompted to confirm your selection.
- Confirm the same to reach the rebooting screen.
- Wait for a few moments and let your router reboot.
How to Reboot Netgear Router – Web Interface
If you do not want to restart or power cycle your wireless router using the Nighthawk mobile application, consider doing it via the web interface. The web interface of your router will demand you to access the default IP address. Keep in mind that some router supports the 192.168.0.1 IP address and some don’t. Therefore, you must check the router’s user manual before attempting to reboot Netgear WiFi router via web GUI. Here are the steps to do the same:
- Switch on your computer accessing the router’s network and launch a browser.
- Enter routerlogin.net into the URL box and hit Enter.
- As soon as the login window displays, enter the required details and select Log In.
- On the router’s Dashboard, select Advanced.
- Now, click Reboot.
- For gaming routers, you need to select three dots to reach the Reboot option.
- Now, wait until your WiFi router reboots completely.
How to Reboot Netgear WiFi Router – Power Button
Sometimes, the connectivity issues are so prominent that it becomes nearly impossible to carry out the reboot process via the web GUI or the Nighthawk application. In that case, using the Power button is the finest idea. This method also comes to the rescue if you are an impatient user. The instructions given below will make you learn the process of power cycling the router via the Power button:
- Disconnect every device connected to your Netgear.
- Locate the Power On/Off button on your wireless router.
- Press the button and wait for a sufficient amount of time.
- Press the Power button again and let the router’s LEDs gain stability.
- Recreate the connections.
All Things Considered
From the very beginning of this post, we made it very clear that rebooting the router will help you fix connectivity issues. Here, you learned three methods to reboot Netgear WiFi router. Now, we hope that you will be able to address minor connectivity issues and improve the router’s efficiency.
However, you are required to take care of the cable connections too if you want your WiFi router to perform optimally. Know that rebooting the router regularly will decrease the chances of the occurrence of minor issues. But, there are scenarios when rebooting fails to resolve the issue. Resetting the router in that case will be the only solution you will have in your hand. And yes, do not forget to reconfigure the router after resetting it.