Are you facing issues while trying to change the settings of your Netgear Orbi router? Do you often come across the Orbi firmware update failure issue? Does your WiFi device keep rebooting? If the answer to these questions is a yes, then we recommend you perform factory default reset. Resetting your device will fix every technical issue that you are facing with it.
Here, we’ve discussed two different ways through which Netgear Orbi factory default reset can be performed. Once you are done reading this post, you can implement any of the two methods to reset your WiFi device. Read on.
To Reset Orbi Via Orbilogin.com:
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset your Netgear Orbi router via orbilogin.com:
- Firstly, make sure that your Orbi is receiving an adequate power supply.
- Also, ensure that your Orbi router and satellite are well connected.
- Now, switch on your computer and launch an internet browser on it.
- Type orbilogin.net in the address bar of your chosen web browser and hit Enter.
- Fill in the default username and password of your Orbi when prompted.
- Click on the Log In button to access the BASIC Home screen.
- Navigate to the Settings menu and click on the Advanced option.
- Look for the Reset button. Once found, click on it.
- A dialogue box will appear on your screen asking for confirmation.
- Click on the Yes option and wait for your device to get restored to the default mode.
This was all about how to reset your WiFi device by performing Netgear Orbi login. If this method seemed a little tricky to you, then fret not! The below-mentioned method might be able to help you reset your device.
To Reset Orbi Using the Reset Button:
Outlined below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to restore your WiFi device to the factory default settings:
- Find the Reset button located on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Once found, take an oil pin or toothpick, and press the button.
- Hold the button for a minute or two, then release it.
If you follow these instructions carefully, you’ll surely be able to reset your Netgear Orbi device using the Reset button.
Once you are done performing factory default reset, you need to configure your Orbi again. So, walk through the step-by-step guidelines given below to perform Netgear Orbi setup:
How to Install Netgear Orbi Router?
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router into a wall socket and power it on.
- Let the power LED become solid green.
- Connect your router to the existing modem with the help of a cable.
- Plug the Orbi satellite into a socket and turn it on.
- Press the Sync button on the Orbi satellite as well as the Orbi router.
- Once both your WiFi devices get synced, open up a web browser on your PC.
- In the address bar, type orbilogin.net, and press Enter to proceed further.
- Next, refer to the user manual and enter the default Orbi login credentials in their respective fields.
- Hit Log In to access the Basic Home screen.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the Netgear Orbi setup process.
- After you are done setting up the Orbi router, try to change its default settings.
The Bottom Line
And, that’s it! This was all about how to reset your Netgear Orbi device and reconfigure it. Let’s hope that now you don’t come across any technical issues while trying to change the default settings of your Orbi WiFi router.