You just purchased a Netgear AC1200 WiFi router to extend the wireless network of your home, but have no idea how to set it up? Well, you are not the only one stuck with this problem. There are hundreds and thousands of users all across the world who have brought a Netgear router but are confused about the installation process.
Scroll down and walk through this post to know how to set up your Netgear AC1200 WiFi router with the help of some quick and easy steps.
Note: Before you start with the setup process, make sure that your internet connection is active and working perfectly.
Step 1. Choose the Right Location to Place the Router
- The first and foremost thing that you need to take care of while setting up your WiFi router is placement.
- Make sure that your Netgear AC1200 router is in close proximity to the existing modem.
- Keep the Netgear WiFi router away from transmitting appliances, metal objects, baby monitors, cordless phones, microwaves, washing machines, mirrors, and much more.
- Step 2. Power On the Netgear AC1200 WiFi Router
- Once you are done with the placement, plug your Netgear router into an electric wall socket.
- Press the Power button and wait for the LED lights on the router to turn solid.
Step 3. Connect the Router With an Ethernet Cable
- As soon as the LED lights become solid, make use of an Ethernet cable, and build a connection between your Netgear AC1200 router as well as the modem.
- If the Ethernet cable that you are using looks damaged or a little worn-out, don’t hesitate before replacing it with a new one.
Step 4. Launch an Internet Browser
- The next step in line is to install a web browser on your personal computer and access routerlogin.net administrative page.
- For that, enter the default web address of the AC1200 WiFi router in your web browser’s address bar and press the Enter key to proceed.
Step 5. Log In to Your Netgear AC1200 Router
- Once the routerlogin.net Netgear administrative page appears on the screen of your computer, you are required to fill in the login details.
- Enter the default username and password of your Netgear AC1200 WiFi router and hit Log In to complete the login process.
- As soon as the Netgear Genie dashboard displays itself, follow the given on-screen instructions to complete setting up your router.
What If the Netgear Genie Does Not Appear?
After logging in to your Netgear AC1200 router, if the Netgear Genie dashboard refuses to appear, here are the troubleshooting tips that you need to follow:s
- First of all, make sure that your computer is properly connected to your Netgear AC1200 WiFi router, be it wirelessly or through an Ethernet cable.
- Next, ensure that your WiFi router is receiving an adequate power supply and the LED lights are not blinking rapidly.
- Usually, pent-up cache and junk files make it difficult for you to reload the web and perform Netgear router login. So, clear the cache, cookies, and junk files of your web browser.
- In case you are facing trouble accessing the routerlogin.net administrative page because of incorrect login credentials, then refer to the Netgear manual.