There was a period when paying electricity bills required physically visiting the electricity board office. This entailed hours of waiting in large lines only to make light bill payment. However, thanks to technological advancements, it is now possible to accomplish such vital duties from the comfort of your own home, including paying your bijli bill online. Websites of every city provide information and let you avail a variety of services, such as bijli bill check online.
Customer Identification Number
All you need for WBSEDCL Bill Payment and other companies online is your customer ID number and bill amount from your most recent electricity bill. A customer identification number is a number assigned by the electrical board to the client. Customers are assigned customer identification numbers in a variety of formats by various power boards. CA Number, Account Number, and other phrases are widely used to refer to a customer identification number.
How to Check Your Bijli Bill Online
You can also check your light bill online on the official website of your electricity board, such as SBPDCL, TSSPDCL, UPPCL, TNEB, APSPDCL, and so on, depending on your region. You must have your customer ID for your bijli bill check online. Please keep in mind that the procedure of paying your electricity bill varies for each electrical board, however, there are a few key steps that are universal:
- Visit the electricity board’s official website.
- Log in with your credentials.
- Locate and select the ‘View Bill’ option.
- Fill in your customer identification number and other pertinent information.
- If there is a captcha, fill it out and click ‘Proceed/Submit’.’
How to Check or Pay Bijli Bill Online through Different Apps
For bijli bill checking online, you can use various apps. On light bill online payment, users may take advantage of amazing offers, discounts, SuperCash, and Cashbacks by using several apps like Paytm, Freecharge, MobiKwik, and many more.
For payment through these apps, you can follow the outlined steps below:
- Download and open the app you choose to pay your bijli bill online.
- On the Home Page, go to the Recharges & Bill Payments area.
- Click on the ‘Electricity’ icon, and choose your area.
- You have the option of searching for your electricity provider or selecting from a list.
- Enter your Account/Customer ID.
- If you have given the app access to fetch the bill, your bijli bill will be displayed once you click Continue.
- The payment method can be Net Banking, paying using your Freecharge/Paytm/MobiKwik/any other wallet, credit card, debit card, or any other manner that you like.
- Congratulations on successfully paying your electricity bill online once you’ve completed the process.
Certain steps can vary according to the app you use for your bijli bill checking online and payment; you can get all the information on their official website.
Here are a few things to Remember:
- Without the customer identification number, it is impossible to check the electricity bill online. Your customer identification number is a unique identifier assigned to your electrical connection by the electricity board.
- The customer identification number on your electricity statement may be difficult to detect. However, a sample bill on Paytm can assist you identify your customer identification number. Next to the customer identification number column, click on ‘View Sample Bill.’ On the sample bill, the location of the customer identification number is emphasized.
- You can calculate your bill while checking bijli bill online. Basic math is required to calculate an electrical bill. For example, if you used a 1000 Watt tube light for an hour, you consumed 1000 Watts. In simple terms, 1000W for an hour equals 1kWh, which equals 1 unit of energy. If 1 unit of electricity costs Rs 5, your total bill will be Rs 5.
- After light bill pay, you can check the status of your light bill online via the official website after 24 hours. It will not reveal the status immediately after a successful light bill payment.
- CA stands for contract account number, and it’s the number assigned by your utility company to identify your energy connection and its details. The CA number is written on the bill that arrives at your house. If the bill is printed in Hindi, you can accept the customer number as the CA number. If the bill is written in English, the CA number must be included.
Many deals are available to help you save money on your electricity bills. That’s correct, you may search the app or website for a variety of deals on light bill payments to earn cashbacks! Whether it’s BESCOM Bangalore, Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited, Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam Limited, Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited, Assam Power Distribution Company Limited, Bhagalpur Electricity Services Limited, BEST Mumbai, or Calcutta Electricity Supply Limited, there are several apps that can have gathered the most popular electricity providers so that you can pay and check your bijli bill online.