You can go to the admin panel of your Linksys router by accessing the Linksys router login page. After logging in you can modify the settings of your router easily. But to reach the admin dashboard, you first need to log in to it using the admin password. What if you forget the admin login password? Troubled by the same situation? Do not worry. We are here to help you with this. Use the instructions given on this page to get rid of this problem and retrieve the login password.
Table of Contents
What is Linksys Router Admin Password?
When you log in to your router using the login page via linksyssmartwifi.com URL, you use a password. This is the Linksys admin password. This password is entirely different from the WiFipassword that you use to connect to your router’s WiFi. So make sure that you are not confused between both.
How to Recover Linksys Router Admin Password?
Let us now tell you what you are supposed to do if you have forgotten your Linksys router admin password. Keep on following the instructions given next:
- Make a connection between the Linksys router to the modem using an Ethernet cable. Ensure making a finger-tight connection between the devices.
- Apply power to the modem first. After that turn on your Linksys router as well.
- Turn on your computer next.
- Fire up an internet browser that is running on the latest version.
- Insert linksyssmartwifi.com right in the URL bar of the browser and press the Enter key.
- Key in the Linksys cloud account email ID and password in the given fields.
- Click Sign In.
- On the dashboard, go to Rotuer Settings.
- Click Connectivity.
- Under the Basic tab, click Router Password.
- Type the new password twice on the window that opens up.
- Click Save and the admin password is saved.
You can now use this admin password to log in to your Linksys smart WiFi router.
In case you do not have a Linksys cloud account, you would not be able to change the admin password as given in the above section. In such an event, you are left will one option. This is to reset your Linksys router.
How to Reset Linksys Router?
Resetting will restore the factory settings on your router by erasing the current configuration settings. Here is how you can restore the factory settings:
- Firstly, you need to disconnect the Linksys router from the modem.
- Ensure that the router is powered up properly.
- Locate the button labeled Reset on the router.
- Push it gently using a paper clip for a minimum of 10 seconds.
Linksys router will be reset to default settings now. You can now put to use the default password to log in to your Linksys router.
Now set it up once again like the way you did it after you purchased it. You can use any method as per your convenience. You can access the 192.168.1.1 Linksys router login page to get its setup done. WPS method can also be used.
For your assistance, we have mentioned the WPS method of setup.
How to Set Up Linksys Router via WPS Button
- Bring the Linksys router to the same room where the modem is placed.
- Power on both devices.
- Ensure that they are connected to a well-working power outlet.
- Now, press the WPS button on the router.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your modem also.
The Linksys smart WiFi router is set up now.
Here comes an end to our helpful informative post that is meant to assist you on how to retrieve the Linksys router password in case you have forgotten it. Now that your router is up and working, you can go ahead and connect devices to its network. But before doing that, we recommend you update its firmware to the most latest version. This is to improve its performance and also add new features to it. Firmware updates also fix bugs. Thus it is important that you keep the firmware on your Linksys smart router updated all the time.