One of the main reasons women decide to get a mommy makeover in Utah or other states in the country is because they are unhappy with how their body has changed after having children. If you’re looking for a way to restore your pre-pregnancy figure, here are fourteen signs that you could be a good candidate for this type of procedure:
- You have a flabby tummy and loose skin on your lower abdomen. This is a common problem after pregnancy, especially if you’ve had multiple children. A tummy tuck can remove the excess skin and give you a tighter, flatter stomach.
- Your breasts are saggy and have lost volume. Pregnancy and breastfeeding can cause your breasts to sag and lose their shape. A breast augmentation or lift can help you restore your pre-pregnancy appearance.
- Your skin has stretch marks and is sagging all over, not just in the abdomen area. Pregnancy can cause stretch marks, and this damage can be difficult to reverse. However, a mommy makeover can help tighten up your skin and improve its overall elasticity.
- You have excess fat in areas that are difficult to slim down through diet and exercise alone. Many women struggle to lose the “last 10 pounds” after having kids. If you have trouble spot fat that just won’t go away, liposuction may be able to help.
- Your stomach is bulging out, even though you’re at a healthy weight. As your body changes during pregnancy and postpartum, it can be difficult to maintain a normal weight that’s not overly low or overly high. If you have trouble losing weight and achieving the body you want, it may be time to consider a mommy makeover.
- You’re not able to wear the clothes you want to because of your post-pregnancy body. If you feel like you can’t dress up and look nice because of your current figure, a mommy makeover may be right for you.
- Your sex life has decreased because you don’t feel sexy or attractive. A mommy makeover can help you feel like yourself again, which in turn can improve your self-confidence and libido.
- You lost a lot of weight after pregnancy and now your body is out of proportion. During pregnancy and immediately afterward, your body will gain and lose weight rapidly. In some cases, this can result in a distorted body shape that is difficult to reverse. A mommy makeover can help you get your pre-pregnancy proportions back and feel beautiful again.
- Your clothes fit differently after pregnancy, even though you’ve lost weight. As your body changes during pregnancy and postpartum, you may find that your clothes no longer fit the way they used to. This can be frustrating, but a mommy makeover can help you achieve the body and look you want.
- You have a “pooch” that just won’t go away, no matter how much you workout. A “pooch” is a common term used to describe the protrusion of the lower abdomen that can occur after pregnancy. If you have a pooch that diet and exercise haven’t been able to get rid of, a mommy makeover may be right for you.
- You feel self-conscious about your body when your clothes come off. This is a common problem for many women, but it can be especially frustrating after pregnancy. A mommy makeover may be able to help you feel more confident and comfortable in the bedroom.
- You have skin damage (such as dark spots) caused by pregnancy. Hormones play a huge role in the effects that pregnancy can have on your body, and this can cause skin discoloration and damage. A mommy makeover may be able to help you reverse some of these changes.
- You feel like you need a change but are not sure what procedure will be best for your overall goals. If none of the other signs mentioned above resonate with you, but you still feel like you need a change, a mommy makeover may be right for you. This is a highly personalized procedure, and the best way to figure out if it’s right for you is to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- You’re ready to start feeling like yourself again. Many women feel anxious, depressed, and frustrated after pregnancy. If this sounds like you and you’re ready to get over it and is feeling confident again, a mommy makeover may be right for you.
If you’ve experienced any of these signs or symptoms following your pregnancy and are considering mommy makeover plastic surgery, contact a board-certified plastic surgeon today to schedule your consultation.