Netgear WiFi routers are one of the best networking devices considered by every third internet lover across the globe. However, like any other devices, sometimes their performance may degrade. But, need not to worry at all! You have landed on the right post.
In this troubleshooting guide, we’ve mentioned some of the best tips that’ll help you in boosting the performance of your Netgear WiFi router in a fly. Why waiting? Scroll down to read more!
Select a Good Place for Your Router
The placement of your Netgear WiFi router plays a very important role when it comes to its proper functioning. Therefore, before you perform Nighthawk router login, make sure that you have chosen the right location for your Netgear device. While choosing the location for your WiFi device, mentioned below are the points that you need to consider:
- Place your Netgear router in the center-most location of your house and near to your modem.
- Do not place your WiFi device in a corner, near windows or too closer to roof or fall ceiling.
- Also, keep your router away from the reach of free or public WiFi networks.
Have Access to a Strong Internet Connection
Another thing that you have to do to in order to boost the performance of your Netgear router is to have access to a strong and blazing-fast internet connection. Make sure that your router is properly connected to your router via Ethernet cable or in a wireless manner. Besides, ensure from your service provider’s end that all your pending internet bills are clear and you are on an upgraded data plan.
Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear router from time to time plays a major role if you want it to perform well. Just like your smartphone needs to be updated regularly, your router needs the same. So, walk through the instructions outlined underneath to update the firmware of your Netgear router:
- Power on your Netgear router.
- Connect the Netgear router’s power adapter to a working wall outlet.
- Once you’re done, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your router and modem in a proper manner. Ensure that the Ethernet cable you are using is well-working.
- Wait for the LED light on the router to become stable.
- Create a connection between the router and modem.
- Access the www.routerlogin.net web page and go to Settings.
- Locate and select Administration option and click the Firmware Update button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Switch to a Different WiFi Channel
Interference in the WiFi signals of your Netgear router might be a big issue for people living in urban/ populated areas. On the off chance if the network of your Netgear router keeps on getting interrupted, forget about streaming movies or playing online games, properly. You won’t even be able to download a small app like Nighthawk app on your smart device.
To cope up with the issue, it is recommended that you login to your Netgear router using 192.168.1.1 IP and switch to a WiFi channel that is less-congested.
Don’t Share the WiFi Password
One of the major reasons why your Netgear router isn’t performing as per expectations is because you often make the mistake of sharing your WiFi password with everyone. If you want your Netgear WiFi router to perform well, it is recommended that you avoid sharing your WiFi password. And, if you can’t deny sharing the WiFi password, it is suggested to create a separate WiFi network using the guess network account feature.
The Bottom Line
This was all about the effective tips to boost the performance of your Netgear WiFi router. Just in case you have any queries regarding boosting the performance of your Netgear router, feel free to drop your concerns into the comments section.