Communities have become an important tool for engaging with customers. Companies are working on building communities and bringing consumers closer to the products. A community is a group of people who share common interests, goals, and values. The community can be defined as “a social unit with a focus on creating relationships among members” (Wikipedia). Communities are formed in order to create connections between consumers and the company they support or buy from. These communities help companies build brand loyalty which is important for their growth strategy.
The term “community” has been used by many different types of organizations to describe groups that have joined together around shared objectives such as: In the context of social media, a community is typically defined as an online group that shares common interests and values. The term has also been used to refer to groups within real-life communities such as neighborhoods or workplaces (e.g., “the office”). In the late 1990s, some researchers began using the terms digital community and virtual community interchangeably when referring to Internet-based communities; others distinguished between these two types of online groups by noting that virtual communities are more likely than traditional face-to-face ones in which members have already established relationships with one another before joining a new site.
The basic principle of community building is to identify the goals of your company and the needs of your target audience.
To build a community, you need to do research on what your target audience wants or needs from your product. What can you offer them that they don’t already have? How can you add value to their lives?
After identifying the goals and needs, it is time to communicate with your target audience by providing them with valuable content that will satisfy their needs. Once they feel satisfied, they will be more likely to interact with each other and share information about products and services offered by my company which they are looking for.
Community building is the process of constructing a sense of group identity and social cohesion among members of a particular group.
It can be done through informal or formal channels, such as in-person interactions, shared communication media (such as email, chat rooms, instant messaging), or even more complex technologies like social networking sites.
The importance of community building comes from the fact that it is a way to increase productivity and interaction within an organization by providing opportunities for people to build relationships with one another and share ideas.
Community building activities are those that help to build communities of people who share a common interest. They may be organized by the community or individuals outside of the community, but they serve to unite and bring people together.
Community building is a complex process. It involves understanding your audience, what they want and need, then delivering that to them in the most engaging way possible.
Some of the key things you should do are:
1. Set up a blog or website where people can sign up for your newsletter.
2. Find social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter where you can start conversations with people who share similar interests as yours and build relationships there
3. Set up a Facebook page or Twitter account to interact with people who also have an interest in your topic.
4. Create and share content (videos, photos, articles) that is relevant to the community you are building around your subject matter (blogging).
Community building platforms in India are very popular, because of the large number of people who have a common interest.
These community-building platforms include:
• LinkedIn: Founded in 2003, this is the largest professional social network on the Internet. It has over 500 million members and allows users to create a profile, upload documents (including photos), and join groups.
• Facebook: This is one of the most popular social networking sites today with more than 1 billion monthly active users worldwide as of 2012-13. Users can set up personal profiles along with pages for their businesses or organizations which are accessible by friends via an ‘invite’ option or through search engines like Google+. The site also provides special applications including games such as Farmville, quizzes, and polls.
• Twitter: This is a micro-blogging website that allows users to send short messages known as “tweets” to their followers. Users can also follow other people’s tweets which are called ‘followers’ or they can search for tweets by keywords like #India etc., which are in the public domain but not necessarily from India.
The information provided above is a very brief summary of the various social media platforms available today. It covers only three of them, namely Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter as they are some of the most popular in India. However, it should be noted that there are many more such sites like YouTube which have been set up by companies or individuals to promote their products/services or simply to generate publicity for themselves. You can also check out GoSocial to build communities and learn on the go.