For the smooth functioning of your Netgear wireless range extender, you need to keep updating its firmware from time to time. Performing Netgear extender firmware update via mywifiext local isn’t rocket science. However, many users face issues during the process. If you are also experiencing technical issues while updating your device, worry not.
In this article, we have mentioned the step-by-step guidelines that will help you update the firmware of your Netgear extender in a hassle-free manner. So, quiet waiting, scroll down and read on.
Steps to Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update
Walkthrough the instructions mentioned below and learn how to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless device:
- Plug your Netgear range extender into a wall socket.
- Press the Power button and let the LED become solid green.
- Connect your extender and the existing router using a wired or wireless source.
- Next, switch on your computer. Ensure that it is connected to Netgear_ext.
- Open an internet browser. Make sure that your browser is running on an updated version.
- Once assured, type the default web address in the address bar of your browser.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear extender login page.
- When prompted, input the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, head over to the Settings menu.
- Under Administration, click Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- In this manner, you will be able to perform Netgear extender firmware update with ease. On the off chance, you come across any issues during the process, follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned below.
Can’t Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update?
- Reboot Your Extender
Technical glitches are one of the biggest reasons why you are not able to perform Netgear extender firmware update. But, worry not. In order to get rid of these glitches, all you need to do is, reboot your wireless device.
To give your Netgear wireless range extender a restart, unplug it from the wall outlet, wait for some time, and then, plug it back into the wall outlet.
- Check the Internet Connection
Another thing that might be stopping you from updating your device is a weak internet connection. Therefore, check the connection between your Netgear extender and the existing router.
If you have used an Ethernet cable to connect your devices, make sure that it is not damaged from anywhere. In case it is, get it replaced with a new one immediately.
- Use the Correct Admin Details
Have you used incorrect login credentials to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard? Probably. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be facing issues during the process of extender firmware update.
Thus, make sure that you enter the username and password into their respective fields. If you are not sure about the default admin details, it is recommended that you refer to the user manual.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Make sure that your Netgear wireless range extender is placed away from transmitting appliances, metal objects, reflexive surfaces, and electronic devices.
In simple words, keep your extender away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, treadmills, televisions, etc.
Additionally, do not place your Netgear extender in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- Follow the Correct Instructions
Many times users follow the wrong instructions while updating the firmware of their device. Are you making the same mistake?
To rectify your mistake, ensure that you have followed the aforementioned instructions in the exact order as they are written.
Once you are done following these troubleshooting tips, try to update the firmware of your Netgear WiFi range extender from scratch.
Our guide to perform Netgear extender firmware update has come to an end here. We hope that after following the aforementioned guidelines, you will be able to update your device to the latest firmware version with ease.
If you do, don’t forget to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section. We would love to read that we could be of some help to you.